Blog Moved

This blog has been moved to TheComicsILike.com . You can still browse and view previous posts here, but new posts and updates will be made on the new domain.

Thanks for stopping by!! :)

Saturday 10 August 2013

Review: X-factor #260

X-Factor #260


This week’s End of X-factor one shot focuses on Lorna handling the fallout of their last hell raising (literally) saga. Let’s put it this way, Lorna went bat shit crazy lol. Actually, she just went and got drunk out of her mind and started wrecking the bar around her to boot. That was basically all this issue was about. A drunk Lorna walks into a bar, ends up trashing it, getting on the wrong side of the law, Quicksilver steps in, they have an epic fight, he knocks her out in the end, she ends up in jail where some weird guy in glowing light breaks her out.




Not much happens story-wise, which is why it can be summed up so easily and I skipped my usual recap, but it was a good read.

WHAT I LIKED ?

The book was a simple exploration of Lorna as a character and how she handles the fallout of her experience with the X-factor. Sure the drunkenness was a little gratuitous, but her behavior is a very human representation of her, that strips away some of the (emotionally) stronger and holier than thou image of being a superhero and gets right down to the humanness of hitting rock bottom. It happens to the best of us. And boy does she hit it hard. We also see that she's still dealing with other issues such as the fact that she killed her parents (by accident) and Magneto covered it up.

Words cannot describe the epicness I found in her duking it out with Quicksilver, both visually (I LOVED the art) and in terms of what happened. She pulled GUNS on him and did not hesitate to fire! (Move over drunk texting). It was interesting to see how the speedster and the Mistress of magnetism get down in a battle and fun to watch. Bringing Quicksilver in, as opposed to any other avenger, also made it interesting in that I’ve hardly ever seen her interact with any of her half siblings (I’m still fairly new to comics though its been five or six years) and I took interest in seeing how they relate.






The guy who comes in at the end, yeah that “x-factor” guy, has be coming with all sorts of questions about the future of X-factor. It’s a nice little tease. I really loved this title (even though I wasn't a fan of the Hell Lords’ mumbo jumbo) and I wouldn't want to believe this is really the end (I should probably do some research on that since I don’t even really know for sure).

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE ?

Well, you would expect me to hate this for the mere fact that I can suitably sum up the issue in a few short sentences. But I don't. This book could get away with that because it was so dang fun to read and the visuals were amazing. So i really had nothing to hate about it.

I give it a 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment