Blog Moved

This blog has been moved to TheComicsILike.com . You can still browse and view previous posts here, but new posts and updates will be made on the new domain.

Thanks for stopping by!! :)

Friday 19 June 2015

(Return of) Comics I like: Secret Wars

I have been out of the comics game for a while now -- haven't been reading any for months from being swamped with work and life in general and also losing interest in most titles (as you already know). But -- praise the lord -- I've finally decided to dive back into the world of fiction which I love so dearly, and it seems not a moment too soon: Secret Wars is at hand.



Several titles have launched surrounding this universe-changing event and it would seem this event is ready to sweep me in. And, as I get swept, I feel I'm going to rekindle my sharing the experience with you through blogging about the titles I've picked.

The great thing about secret wars that makes it attractive to someone with my type of comic book tastes is that in this new BATTLEWORLD it's created, where Doom is god, there are, first of all, several point ones where I can hop on to these titles and, secondly, these titles are all set in their own little world that is being built from ground up; so I wont be getting too lost in the convoluted-ness that is typical 616 continuity-- you just have to know these characters exist... and that's it; follow the story from there.

I'll be giving my reviews of some of my favourite titles as the weeks press on and we'll watch where the event goes from there.

Usually I hate crossovers but this one seems just right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment