Blog Moved

This blog has been moved to TheComicsILike.com . You can still browse and view previous posts here, but new posts and updates will be made on the new domain.

Thanks for stopping by!! :)

Saturday 7 September 2013

Review: Ultimate Comics Spider Man #26

Ultimate Comics Spider Man #26



Ultimate Spiderman still continues to intrigue me. It’s a good read. This issue is a little off the usual Miles wagon and dives into Bombshell’s history.

RECAP

This issue goes back and forth between mommy Bombshell’s story and daughter Bombshell’s current predicament. In short, mommy Bombshell was in prison when Roxxon approached her getting her released so they could carry out experiments to turn her into the next “Captain America” and put them lightyears ahead of Oscorp. It’s the usual experiment gone awry.



As it turns out there are a few other people Roxxon had experimented on, Cloak and Dagger got the list and went on hunt for them (not sure why) and that’s why they were after Bombshell. Spiderman and Spidergirl finally catches up with the you Bombshell. They just want to help her, but they dont catch up to her too soon before Roxxons hired mercenary The Taskmaster catches up to them.



WHAT I LIKED ?

This...



I’m glad that the comic has moved a little from being centred around Miles although I was expecting a bit more character development around this older Miles before the title moved into a story like this. I enjoyed exploring Bombshell’s history and seeing how it ties in with Cloak and Dagger’s. Obviously Roxxon has a lot coming to them first creating so many superhumans and then making the mistake of going after them and capturing super heroes to boot.



There Is a gentleman among the panels who appears to be some incarnation of Mr. Sinister working for Roxxon. He looks nothing like the Sinister I remember from the earlier Ultimate X-men days, so it would be interesting to find out later on who and what he is as well as who and what the monster who duelled it out with Cloak and Dagger in the last issue’s flashbacks (if any f you know drop it in the comments).

I just really liked the story over all, the art was great and it was a good read.

WHAT DIDN’T I LIKE?

Well, as I said before I was kind of expecting the title to be a little more Miles-centric and was looking forward to getting to know more about older Miles and how he’s dealing with being back in a costume and his life general but I’m still okay with the turn the the story has taken.

Seeing things like this (possibly) new Sinister always get me just a minuscule bit on edge since I already know who and what the Ultimate Universe’s Sinister is supposed to be. However, I have faith that whoever that Mr. Sinister is It’ll be quite interesting to find out in the long run what the logical explanation behind him is (kinda like faux Psylocke in UCXM).

I give this issue an 8

No comments:

Post a Comment